Many people believe that estate planning is nothing more than signing a “bunch of legal documents,” but in reality, a comprehensive estate plan is about so much more. It is one of the greatest gifts you can give to your family to protect them during your lifetime and after you are gone.
Just like no two people are alike, no two estate plans should be identical. At Marshall, Parker & Weber, we pay particular attention to the details of your family. We take the time to ask questions and listen to your answers so we can provide you with our expert recommendations and ensure you are protected for the future.
Through estate planning, we will work with you to:
- Understand your options to protect your home, assets and business entities from long-term care costs or federal estate taxes.
- Consider who should be named as your agent in your Health Care and Financial Powers of Attorney.
- Prepare a Will that provides for your family after you are gone.
- Identify and include charitable giving opportunities.
- Protect valuable government benefits (such as SSI or SSD) for a loved one with special needs.
- Structure a Will with special provisions if a spouse is already in a nursing home.
- Create a Family Asset Protection Trust to protect your home and assets from the devastating cost of long-term care in Pennsylvania.
- Create business entities such as Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs to minimize taxes and liability.
- Review and update beneficiary designations on investments, insurance policies and other documents.
Our goal is to make the estate planning process as easy as possible and give our clients the peace of mind they deserve. Our clients are always reassured when they realize taking these simple steps early can preserve their financial security during their lifetime and provide guidance to their family once they are gone.
- A Family Meeting as Part of Effective Estate Planning (3/21/2019)
- Estate Planning for Snowbirds (2/19/2019)
- What is a Will? (2/11/2019)