Free Consumer Seminars and Webinars
Education and knowledge has always been the cornerstone of our mission at Marshall, Parker & Weber. For years we have provided FREE educational seminars to seniors, their families and anyone who is interested in learning more about these topics, and we now offer webinars too.
Each presentation is designed with our consumers in mind. We ensure our presentations are chalked-full of relevant information in an easy-to-understand format. We always allow time for questions and answers with one of our experienced elder law attorneys and send you home with useful handouts and resources.
Most seminar presentations are approximately 1 1/2 hours long and include light refreshments or a light meal, while webinars are 30 minutes. Whenever possible, we encourage spouses and families to attend together. You will also have an opportunity to schedule your initial office consultation if you choose.
Registration is free and easy. You can register using our online form or simply call 1-800-401-4552.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Zales at 1-800-401-4552 x. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dealing With Dementia: Early Planning and Music Therapy
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1-1:30 pm
The diagnosis of dementia is a shock. If caught early enough, there is legal planning to be done that will give you or your loved one more options in the future. In this webinar, Attorney Tammy A. Weber will be joined by Cheryl Mozdian, MM, MT-BC of Summit Music Therapy.
Join as we discuss:
- Essential estate planning documents
- What is music therapy?
- How does music therapy help people living with dementia?
- How is music therapy different from listening to music?
- How do music therapy sessions work?
- How to find a music therapist.
What is a CELA?
Wednesday, November 16th 1:00 -1:30 pm
Webinar with Attorney Elizabeth A. White and Case Manager Patti Jo Turner.
Learn about the only American Bar Association approved designation for Elder Law Attorneys.
- The experience and knowledge required to obtain and hold a CELA designation
- The expertise that CELAS have on issues and areas of the law specific to older adults
- The commitment to CELAs in counseling those with special needs
- Why working with a Certified Elder Law Attorney is so important
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:00 -1:30 pm
Webinar with Attorney Nicholas Lutz and Case Manager Heather Kohler
- Medicare vs. Medicaid – what’s the difference?
- Learn the real truth on exposure of the home to the cost of long-term care costs.
- Learn how gifting affects an applicant trying to qualify for Medicaid in Pennsylvania.
- Be surprised by the options available to protect assets and qualify for Medicaid.