Free Consumer Seminars and Webinars
Education and knowledge has always been the cornerstone of our mission at Marshall, Parker & Weber. For years we have provided FREE educational seminars to seniors, their families and anyone who is interested in learning more about these topics, and we now offer webinars too.
Each presentation is designed with our consumers in mind. We ensure our presentations are chalked-full of relevant information in an easy-to-understand format. We always allow time for questions and answers with one of our experienced elder law attorneys and send you home with useful handouts and resources.
Most seminar presentations are approximately 1 1/2 hours long and include light refreshments or a light meal, while webinars are 30 minutes. Whenever possible, we encourage spouses and families to attend together. You will also have an opportunity to schedule your initial office consultation if you choose.
Registration is free and easy. You can register using our online form or simply call 1-800-401-4552.
If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Zales at 1-800-401-4552 x. 203 or email@example.com
June 15, 2016 1:00-1:30 pm
Attorney Matthew Parker will review some of the pressing elder law and estate planning topics of the last year, including a discussion of the following topics:
- The transformation of long term care Medical Assistance services to a managed care system
- The latest filial support case where a child has been sued by his mother to help pay for her caregivers
- The new IRS Able Act regulations relating to savings accounts for those with disabilities
- The latest case about immediate annuities and how they can help nursing home residents qualify for Medical Assistance
- The end of Social Security practices such as “File and Suspend”
July 13 at 1:00—1:30 pm
Caregiving from a Distance – Webinar with Attorney Matt Parker and Care Manager Karen Griswold
- Making visits productive
- Sharing duties with family
- Getting help from a care manager
- The benefit of Powers of Attorney