Elder Law Asset Protection
If you are concerned about losing your life’s savings or your home to the cost of long-term care, or if someone you love is facing a nursing home stay, or is already in a nursing home, Marshall, Parker & Weber can help.
Placing a loved one in a nursing facility can be one of the most difficult decisions a family can make. Then, when confronted with nursing home bills of $9,000 a month, families are baffled about how they can pay for this care.
This can add stress and anxiety to caregivers and family at home.
At Marshall, Parker & Weber, we have helped thousands of families navigate through this maze and provide peace of mind. We explain in easy-to-understand language your options and then help you every step of the way.
Through our elder law asset protection services, we:
- Identify ways for your loved one to receive care they need, whether it is in a nursing home, personal care home, LIFE program, adult day care or through in-home services.
- Explore your family’s payment options for long-term care including Medicare coverage, Long-Term Care Insurance, Veteran’s Benefits, Private Payment or Medicaid (Medical Assistance) Qualification.
- Develop a plan to protect your family’s assets and qualify your loved one for Medicaid as quickly as possible without having to “spend down” to $8,000 or $2,000.
- Protect most or all of the assets of a healthy spouse still living at home using planning tools such as a highly-specialized Medicaid Qualifying Annuity or commonly-misunderstood community spouse protections.
- Ensure the home is protected from a Medicaid Estate Recovery lien or, if your family sells a home, provide additional planning options to protect those proceeds.
Give your family the gift of peace of mind and security. When you hire Marshall, Parker & Weber, we handle the paperwork and we make the phone calls. We give you the time and energy you need to focus on what is important – your family.
- When is Trust Planning Appropriate? (10/22/2016)
- Community Spouse Resource Allowances for 2017 (10/19/2016)
- How to Protect the Family Farm from Nursing Home Costs (10/17/2016)