The Marcellus Breakfast Brief
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
The Holiday Inn Downtown, 100 Pine Street, Williamsport, PA
Join Marshall, Parker & Associates for this free, educational breakfast meeting to learn about the latest legal and financial developments affecting our landowner clients.
- Network with other colleagues
- Receive an update on latest case law changes
The two-hour event is intended for attorneys, accountants and financial planners who work with Marcellus landowners and want to know about the latest developments.
Registration & Breakfast
About the Topic:
- The new mineral rights policy issued by the PA Department of Revenue;
- The policy on termination of Sole Use Trusts;
- Recent Commonwealth Court decisions in Leitham & Bernecker;
- Review of the current time frame for returns to be processed by the Inheritance Tax Division;
- Review of the policy by the Board of Appeals to accept compromise offers on cases that go before the Board; and
- Share ways to expedite the filing of an inheritance tax return.
About J. Paul Dibert:
Mr. Dibert graduated from Michigan Technological University in 1968. After 2 years in the Army and 9 years in private industry he joined the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue as a supervisor in the Altoona Office. In 1984 he transferred to Harrisburg and joined the inheritance tax division. He remained in that division for 28 years until his retirement in June of 2011. He was a trust valuation specialist, a Business and Trust Valuation Manager and for the final three years, Chief of the combined inheritance tax and reality transfer tax division.
Upon retirement and instant boredom he started a consulting business for legal practitioners, financial institutions and other professionals who have questions concerning Pennsylvania inheritance tax and related areas. The company is J. Paul Dibert Consulting. He also is a course planner and speaker for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and has spoken at several regional probate bar associations.